To serve our community by entertaining audiences with the sound of four part men's harmony; to provide an environment of fun, fellowship and growth for men who enjoy a cappella singing; and to promote the appreciation and growth of the Barbershop style in future generations.
Since 1968, the Appalachian Express Chorus has been entertaining audiences with the sounds of four part Barbershop harmony. The men who comprise the Appalachian Express come from all areas of the greater Tri-Cities, and their talents have allowed the Chorus to become one of the most respected singing organizations in the region. The Appalachian Express is part of the Barbershop Harmony Society. The Chorus entertains through annual shows, participation in FUNFEST (a week long celebration in Kingsport), and performances for other civic groups and churches. We have also performed at the
- President - Jess Helton
- Secretary - Ed Bush
- Treasurer - Nathan Goodwin
- VP Membership - Tyler Carpenter
- VP Music & Performance - Tony Bowman
- VP PR/Marketing - Jesse Kimberlin
- VP Scheduling & Events - Dan Kleven
- At-Large Member - Joe Bays
- At-Large Member - Dean Renfro
- At-Large Member - David Guy
- At-Large Member - Larry Taylor
- Immediate Past President - Tom McPherson
Each year the Appalachian Express Chorus competes in the Dixie
District Chorus contest.
Dixie is one of 17 districts of the Barbershop Harmony Society.
There are over 20 choruses from four Dixie District states -
Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama and Mississippi.
In 2015 the Appalachian Express achieved a 4th place finish,
matching our highest ever placement from 2013.